Rep. Erin Murphy. Representing St. Paul District 64A

Latest Writings

Get Smart

Next week I am heading to Virginia for a week of study at the University of Virginia. I am delighted to be among 50 legislators in the nation to participate in the 2008 Program for Emerging Political Leaders at the University of Virginia. In the spring, Speaker Kelliher nominated me for this honor. Read more at: http://www.house.leg.state.mn.us/members/pressreleasels85.asp?district=64A&pressid=3639&party=1

Over the past month I have been reading the materials in preparation including Plato’s Republic, The Omnivore’s Dilemma by Michael Pollan,Thomas Friedman’s The World is Flat 3.0, Joseph Ellis’ American Creation and Crucibles of Leadership by Robert Thomas.

My first term as the representative from our district is best described as live action learning. I am excited to take all that I have learned and experienced to a classroom with legislators from other parts of the country. I know this will be a valuable experience and one that will help me stretch and grow my perspectives, thinking and abilities. I look forward to sharing what I learn back here at home.